Izar Wellness Institute is excited to announce that we are now providing acupuncture. We are happy to introduce Maryam Koohestani! Maryam Koohestani is a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine with national board certification in acupuncture and herbology. She graduated from Yo San University in Los Angeles, California. She is also a Functional Medicine Nutritional expert, who guides our patients in utilizing the amazing healing power of an individualized dietary plan. She masterfully incorporates acupuncture and Chinese herbs where appropriate in attending to the needs of our patients.
1. New patient visit: Up to 1.5 hour, covers patient’s past medical history, acupuncture, dietary and supplement recommendations, treatment protocol
2. Return patient visit: Up to 1-hour visit, includes acupuncture, review of the protocol and making necessary changes based on the patient’s report
3. Multiple appointments per week: Packages are available
4. Cosmetic Acupuncture and Facial Rejuvenation: focuses on reducing fine lines and wrinkles, lifting and toning muscles, lightening discoloration or age spots, skin hydration and complexion improvement
5. Cupping Therapy: is an ancient form of alternative medicine. It’s like a deep-tissue massage. Your acupuncturist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes creating a mild vacuum. Cupping improves many conditions such as pain, upper and lower back tension, inflammation and it also improves blood circulation
6. Functional Nutrition: This consultation and treatment option involves designing a unique and personalized nutritional plan for optimizing health. There is an initial visit to lay out an individualized dietary plan followed by 3 and 6-week follow up visits. There is also an optional continuous nutritional coaching program available for those requiring more intensive supervision.
Cosmetic packages: Packages are available. Cosmetic packages include 6 or 12 one-hour treatments focusing on reducing fine lines and wrinkles, lifting and toning muscles, lightening discoloration or age spots, skin hydration and complexion improvement
Acupuncture is one of the main treatment options in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Very thin, sterile needles are inserted at acupuncture points and left there for 20-30 minutes in order to exert their therapeutic effect. Our licensed acupuncturist has successfully treated many patients for various medical concerns including migraines and other debilitating headaches, allergies, acute or chronic joint aches and pains, tennis elbow, shin splints, back and neck pain, anxiety, insomnia, vertigo, nausea associated with chemotherapy or pregnancy and much more. Acupuncture is safe at any age even for small children and in most circumstances including during pregnancy or in patients taking blood thinning medications.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is composed of a wide range of therapeutic modalities, developed over the course of the past 5000 years in China. TCM includes such treatments as herbal remedies, dietary changes, acupuncture, cupping, electrical stimulation and much more. At Izar Wellness Institute, we provide you with certified practitioners in each and every field of service. Our licensed TCM expert is available for consultation in a wide range of medical problems including but not limited to: